New Zealand’s landscapes and micro-climates are unique. There are few places in the world where you could be snow skiing on a volcano in the morning, followed by snorkelling in turquoise waters off a secluded golden beach by the afternoon, and enjoying a traditional Maori ‘hangi’ by night.
The scenery is diverse and changes quickly as you travel through the country. The North Island and South Island are vastly different in both climate and landscape, but in both you will be welcomed by traditional Kiwi hospitality, quality accommodation, a huge choice of activities and world-class cuisine and wines. Each region has its own unique attractions, with something for every visitor.
- Learn the history of modern-day New Zealand at the Waitangi Treaty grounds in the Bay of Islands, followed by a cruise to view dolphins or a deep-sea marlin fishing trip
- Look out over the picturesque Auckland harbour from the top of Sky Tower
- Escape to the movies at Hobbiton
- Dive the Poor Knights Islands, one of Jacques Cousteau’s top 10 sites in the world
- Marvel at the art deco architecture of Napier, followed by lunch and a glass of world-famous Hawke’s Bay Chardonnay at the many vineyards in the region
- Walk the Tongariro Crossing and get close to active volcanoes in the central plateau of the North Island
- Bathe in hot springs, view steaming geysers and bubbling mud around the geothermal area of Rotorua
- Kayak or walk around bush-fringed coves and isolated bays of the Abel Tasman National Park
- Try glacier-trekking on the Fox and Franz Josef glaciers, or take the easy route and view them from the comfort of a scenic flight around Mt Cook and the rugged Southern Alps
- Take a helicopter up to a remote peak for a romantic picnic away from the crowds, followed by Milford Sound and the remote beaches of the west coast
- Go whale-watching in Kaikoura, with almost guaranteed sightings year round
- Get your adrenalin fix in Queenstown, or take to the mountain trails in Wanaka
- Sample wines and gourmet dining in world class wine regions.
The number of attractions, sights and activities is many times longer than this list. Whatever regions of New Zealand you visit, the activities you try, the style of accommodation you select – we can guarantee that your vacation will be one to remember.